YES, the title changed.

Long story very short: trademark trolls.

Title wasn't the same.  Genre wasn't the same. Prior use all over the place ... but some people have a vested interest.

I will not publicize this because quite frankly, the less time I have to spend dealing with this the better, but I felt at the very least there ought to be some word for those of you who haven't been following the drama in other channels.

Could I have fought to keep my original title? Yes, yes I could have. Why didn't I? Math. One has to know when to hold em, and when to fold em.The time and money I'd have spent on it would have outstripped any possible fiscal return, and since this is only one book title rather than the name of the series, it doesn't really impact my branding.

Nothing about the story or its contents has changed, other than the title.

God Willing, this is the last I'll have to hear of or deal with this sort of nonsense.

Comments

  1. Huh... that might explain the weird iss i had after buying it... Werdly after buying it and another book all my purchases failed and I had to contact amazon support to get it fixed as my bank told me that they were not issuing an declines on my credit card. Turned out it was a technical glitsh on amazons side....

    ReplyDelete
  2. good im not crazy sad though the other title fit so well because that is the theme of the book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is send me an angel out? I tried finding it on amazon, but I didn't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.

    Homes For Sale In Tallahassee
    Joe Manausa Real Estate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress report

There may or may not be swear words in this post. You've been warned.