Progress report

To be honest, nothing much has changed in the last month ... which is fantastic because I'm about halfway through the next book and progress has been steady.

Things are a bit slower than I'd like regardless because I'm working on two projects simultaneously. Book 5 is one, and the other is the start of a new series.

I don't YET have dates for when the next few books will be out, but I HOPE to have them both out by the end of September.

Progress is also proceeding on book 4's audio (still being narrated by the incomparable Tess Irondale) so watch out for that in early October. I'd say September, but Audible takes a month to publish anything even after all the work's been done and it's submitted to the store, so I REALLY can't give any dates out on that.

One of you guys asked about my Send Me An Angel project, and given the results of the beta read on that, I've shelved it for now. Not only does it need a new cover, but it probably needs to be reworked in its entirety. One of the central conceits in the story doesn't work from a litRPG point of view, and if I published it as is some would probably really dig it, but I have this morbid fear I would be buried by the more die-hard fans of the litRPG genre. I'll get it out eventually, but given I want to have Celestine Chronicles done and dusted by Christmas, I just don't have time to mess with it right now.

As for that last, yes, Celestine Chronicles will END. There are several ongoing series that are ... well, ongoing. They go on ... and on, and on ... and on. While there are plenty of people who LOVE that, I'm not one of them, and the series arcs I do I GENERALLY have definite ends in mind for.

I do have a series I'd like to do called TAP that will be more episodic in nature, but that idea is still very much in development. I have the characters and the basic plot elements pretty much worked out (Even several chapters written), but there are some functional differences in the mechanics of telling a serialized set of stories that I haven't quite mastered yet. THOSE books will be largely self-contained. At least, that's what I'm shooting for. Given my predilections, there's really no telling yet how that will play out.

I'm sure most of you are sick of hearing this (or reading it, as the case may be) but I want to thank you again for giving my work a shot. You've changed my life, and I will ALWAYS be grateful to you, the readers.

Since I really have no ending to this little spiel, I'll leave you with some words from C.S. Lewis ... who would probably not be very fond of my work quite honestly, but I was heavily influenced by his when I was young, so yeah.  Here ya go:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

C. S. Lewis

Comments

  1. Where are you my friend! Eagerly waiting for your next books...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, Please tell me that "Sword of the Tyrant" is not the last book. I absolutely love the series and have reread it 4 times (each time a new book comes out I start over). I can accept the series ending, just not on a cliffhanger like the end of book 5. I love the characters and truly am enjoying their development, please tell us there is at least one more book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruh!! 1 chapter in and ur storytelling is showing u got this. No spoilers but if u haven't read the last book or need a refresher the tie-ins off rip. That quick jab got me good sirπŸ‘πŸΏ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time simply ch.2 πŸ‘πŸΏ♨️♨️πŸ˜…

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.

    Homes For Sale In Tallahassee
    Joe Manausa Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I might just say, please take your time. Literature is like booze, it only gets better the longer you work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You! Have read all three TAP books and can hardly wait for number four. This series is a home run bases loaded for me. Thank you for all your hard work and brain sweat it is really appreciated!

    When will four be out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join his discord we're all there com chat with Ceb

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YES, the title changed.

There may or may not be swear words in this post. You've been warned.