Yes, I suck at updates.

A man can't be good at everything.

I sent word to my list (you should join if you haven't, I suck slightly less at getting emails out every so often) but realized after a comment here pointed out it'd been 3 months since I said anything that, yes, it may seem I've been idle.

In fact, I have not been idle. I got divorced. Everything slowed down after that for a while.

I won't belabor the point other than to say when life really, truly sucks, it's hard to be an entertainer.

I am making progress on book 4 and working on three other projects, at least one of which will go under a different pen name. (don't ask me to reveal it I'll tell you why in a few.)

One of the other projects is on hold because I'm working out a few systemic issues with the world and the main character. That one is a superhero harem, and I do intend to get it polished and finish writing it sometime this year.

Another of the projects is the start of a second series in the Celestine universe. Different main character, obviously different girls, and a different essential direction for the plot. It'll be a bit darker than Terry's arc, but I have hope that it'll be a story most of you can enjoy. :)

The last series idea I have is in a different genre, and it won't be harem. I'm not even sure if there will be sexytime in it. That being the case, I'm going to make a new pen name for it because it'll probably please a different audience. I'm sure some of you might enjoy it, but fans of that genre will find it anyway, at least that's my hope. For those of you who AREN'T fans, it won't clutter up your feed.

Harem is something people tend to either really like, or really hate, and authors of harem pretty much have their also-bought recommendations stuffed with other harem work as a result. I don't want this to happen to this project, because I want it taken on its own merits without regard to what all else I've been up to.

So in summary, no I'm not dead, nor have I given up writing. I cannot tell you right now when the next book will be out, but it's about 55K words in, so I've made substantial progress. My books usually run over 100K words (Mot: 109K RoH: 105 PoL: 112K) so that should give you the idea that I'm about half-way through.

It is my fond hope that I can continue to entertain with my work, and if I do so I should (fingers crossed) be able to quit my day job to spend more time on writing.  I've been working hard on the process I use to craft my books, so I have a reasonable expectation that, having found a new emotional baseline personally, the speed with which I can complete and release these will increase.

Thanks kindly for your patience, and as always I hope my work continues to entertain.

Comments

  1. Great for the heads up. Not sure how I feel about a story without some sort of sexytimes but, I hope the story have a WIDE variety of ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey we dont need no stinking sextime(all the time) just looki at other dual pen name author william/randi let our friendly minotaur get the creative juices flowing(it gets us more books bro)

      Delete
  2. You suck at updates :/ hey i suck at reading my mail ;) i guess we'll suck together but all realness last post was just jks hope things start looking up like me remembering to look for ur next book(like every other week)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WIthout a doubt, I have loved the characters you have managed to craft. The harem elements and the sexy time stuff is fun, but even then it isn't always what I look forward too. The "fish-out-of-water" scenario you have made is massively entertaining. Real or not, the characters feel alive. I hope you find your peace mate, worry about this second. I would rather have more books to reread than less books faster and you burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about what going on in your life Wright now. I hope it gets better soon. Those thing take some time to heal. Thanks for taking the time to inform us about your situation. Sounds like your doing good In up coming books. Can't wait to see what u come up with in the upcoming months or later this year, but thanks for the info. Time heals all wounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a chance on the celestine chronicles and found my self looking forward to book 4 Its nice to find a author that ignores the pc culture and writes for his audience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, I picked up the first Celestine book for one reason but read the other two for a different reason. You created a well thought out story and gave depth to the main character that you don't find in most stories in this genre. I look forward to book 4 and your other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't critique anyone's delays. I mostly/lately write fanfic, and can go years between chapters, I have four e-mail addresses and the only one I check with any regularity is my work one; because I have to. I'm gonna give 3-day novel a shot this September, just for the fun of it.

    Love your Celestine books. Never expected that a "harem story" would be well enough written to make me cry. And anyone who has read Book 1 knows which meeting/connection I'm talking about. I know what you mean about different "names" though; the name I use on Literotica isn't usually what I use elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YES, the title changed.

Progress report

There may or may not be swear words in this post. You've been warned.