Ye verily, an update

Here I sit, broken-hearted, it's two in the morning and I've barely started.

Well, that's not true. I'm about 30K into writing book 3.

For those of you who've read and - one hopes - enjoyed the first two, I can only say thank you. Thank you so much.

Actually, I can say a BIT more than that. Book 3 is coming along as I mentioned, but I don't have a release date for it yet. I need to get cover details to my artist EARLIER this time though, that I know for sure. The artwork for book 2 was done approximately ooh, 3 hours before I hit publish? That's stress I don't need.

Some of that had to do with me waffling on what I wanted the cover art to be though, and I admittedly suck at digging around for reference. Thankfully my wife is a very talented artist, and she helped out quite a bit. (No, she didn't do the cover, though she did do the typography. If I want to get a commission from her I have to jump in the queue like everyone else. Just goes to show, don't marry an artist thinking you'll get free art. It don't work that way folks. Trust me. :P )

I'm fairly certain I know what the cover for book 3 will entail though. My artist wants me to give him something pin-uppy (yea not a word, sue me.) to do, and I figured, well, it's a monster harem book. A monster pin-up might be pretty damn cool.

 A few other things of note: book 3 looks like it's shaping up to be a bit longer than the first two. There are a few reasons for that, but most notably there's going to be a lot going on, and I feel that while it might take me a bit longer than the first two to write, in the end the story will be well-served.

There will also probably be a bit more sex in book 3. Fair warning for those of y'all who aren't into it, and for those that are, yep. That'll be a thing. I have to walk a fine line with how kinky things can get, being in KU and all, but at this point I'm fairly comfortable with my audience, and I think most of y'all are fairly comfortable with, well, monster girl sex. As always, I will be making every effort to stay true to the characters, but one of the new girls Terry will be adding to his harem has, er, appetites shall we say? And a bit of catching up to do. As most of you have noticed, I try not to do repeats for the raunch. If y'all've seen it before, I tend not to show it again.

And YES, we are finally getting the hell out of Florence. Celestine is a big world, and I want to show at least a bit of it off. :)

Last but not least, here's a sneak preview of my blurb for book 3. NONE OF THIS IS FINALIZED.  Ad copy is the bane of my existence, and I suck at writing it, but here, at the risk of making a fool of myself, is the rough draft blurb for book 3, Power of the Lost. Y'all enjoy:

A man is only as good as his word ...

Celestine is a vast world, filled with mysteries and peopled by creatures most men consider nothing but flights of fancy.

Terrence Mack knows better.

Now on the road with his women and the friends he's made, Terry wants nothing more than to make good on a promise. Yuri Kolenko journeyed across the world on a quest to be made chieftain and end the abuses of an evil shaman. Terry has sworn to see it done.

Yet pursued by the Dust Lord himself, the template and his companions are forced to enter the Labyrinth. There they must make their way to the center and bargain with a woman twice-scorned, called with good reason the Power of the Lost.

Should they succeed, they have been promised an easy road, but even if they make it to Yuri's ancestral home, their trials will have only just begun ...

Comments

  1. Nice! The excerpt has me really excited for the next book! You can take as much time as you need to make this book a great one, and I hope to read it as soon as it comes out! Thanks for writing such fun reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Not yet. Right now my best guess is mid-November, but at this point I make no promises. Taking my time to get this one right, and we enter Fall my day job picks up significantly as people try and slam all their projects in before Change Freeze, so it's a bit slow.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read. Most of the KU books a pick up for a guilty habit read but planning on
    buying the whole set to support the series. You are one of the best out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the first two books and cant wait to see what other girls hearts Terrence will take and add to his harem and please continue to write such amazing storys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read Book 1 and 2. Itching for more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this series. The blend of mythos and the mc's blatant hang ups make it a great read. You have done a fantastic job with growing the characters without rushing it, which makes the story much more enjoyable. Cant wait for book #3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read the new book and see what other girls join in his harem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you planning on making the rest of your books available on audible? Found the first on audible now I need the 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed Book1 (even though I'm stuck to Audible). I certainly look forward to hearing the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cebelius, I understand you day job takes precedence, but I was wondering if you have an ETA for the 3rd book yet? I'm really looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last few months have been ... problematic for me personally. I should finish the draft of book 3 in the next week or so, then it goes to beta and editing. I'm still working on it, and right now all I can say is that I really appreciate your patience.

      Delete
  12. I am extremely inspired. Having been a fan of many monster girl games and have come across your book series by searching the key tag "monster girl" on audible....

    Pardon my grammar and punctuation I'm fairly certain a writer's alarm bells are going off.

    I wanted to express gratitude, and would like a silent request of which I want no answer to. But could you enter a little foot-play in whichever shape best suits your current or future character (if added at all)

    Thank you my liege

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    Homes For Sale In Tallahassee
    Joe Manausa Real Estate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YES, the title changed.

Progress report

There may or may not be swear words in this post. You've been warned.